19.1.10

The last of the first and other thoughts.

Today was my last first day of school. To be honest, I have been in a funk all day since getting up around 4 am to get to the airport to leave DC. So sad to leave my nanz (Anna). Oats and I have been in a daze for the rest of the day after arriving back here in Houston, with 75 degree weather, what? Talk about a mind (insert inappropriate word here). The cats decided to pee at the front door a lot while we were gone, so that was glorious to come home too. I did miss them so though.

Onto the school part. It was awful. My only class on tuesdays is a night class and it is about communication law and ethics. The teacher is still a lawyer and uses it as an excuse to be very rude it seems and overall I am just not thrilled. I had to withdraw from his class once a couple of years ago because he has a ZERO tardy policy and the class is at 5:30 which makes it impossible to make it there through rush hour traffic from work. He drops you if you are late more than twice. Crazy.

I miss having girl friends to chit chat with like on the east coast...

Ok wow, enough complaining. Here are some things I am happy about.
I got my Singer Esteem II sewing machine today :)
I have the best boyfriend in the universe.
I also have the some of the best friends ever and I am so thankful I was able to visit them and that I still have some close, even though we are all always busy.
We got healthy groceries tonight :)
Tomorrow I am going to start my new workout routine!
And... I have a new client to meet tomorrow.


Also about a bajillion other things, including all of the great blogs I get to read!

I promise to do a full update on the trip tomorrow, for now it is sleepy time so I am not so grouchy tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. i miss you terribly too! sorry your classes aren't wonderful, if it's any conciliation mine aren't either. hooray for bf's and sewing machines! i can't wait to see all the amazing things you create! now about that little shop...?! and seattle?

    ReplyDelete

So happy to hear from you :)